The 7 Best Kitchen Island Ideas For Your Home
Adding a kitchen island to your home serves multiple purposes. It can help you entertain your guests more easily or add enough counter space to throw that holiday party you’ve been dreaming of. A kitchen island can also add an updated flair to your home and increase its resale value. Most buyers are now looking for homes that feature kitchen islands. So, how can you get the most out of your kitchen island?
Here are the 7 best ideas to get functionality and flair out of a kitchen island in your home.
- Add a bar sink. A bar sink is both a decorative and functional feature for your island.
- Relocate your microwave to a base cabinet in the island. This gives you the space to add a hood above your range, which is a coveted upgrade.
- Add a breakfast bar or overhang for extra seating. This is especially important if you plan to use your kitchen for a lot of entertaining. We always say, the more the merrier when it comes to a get-together!
- Relocate your sink and dishwasher to the island. If your island faces the living room, you can get the dishes done while entertaining guests or watching tv. You’ll also free up a lot of counter space for food prep.
- Add pendent lights above your island. Pendant lights offer a decorative element to your kitchen and they give you extra lighting. More lighting always brightens up a room.
- Make sure you have enough outlets. If you’re removing a wall to add an island, you’ll want to make sure you have enough outlets in your new island. You don’t want to be stuck without an outlet for your favorite appliance.
- Don’t go too large or too small. You don’t want a large island that restricts the flow of traffic in your kitchen. Conversely, if it’s too small, it won’t serve much of a purpose. If you don’t have much space to work with, but you really want an island, consider investing in a moving island.
If you would like to discuss a kitchen remodel involving the addition of an island, give us at Bath Plus Kitchen Remodeling a call. Bath Plus Kitchen Remodeling is a full-service remodeling company serving Northern Virginia. Our team can completely revitalize your kitchen with a new island, sink, cabinets, countertops, fixtures and flooring. We work closely with you to provide you with your vision for your kitchen. Call us today at (703) 755-0479 or visit us at bathpluskitchen.com to get started on a kitchen you’ll love for years to come.
“We recently had Bath Plus Kitchen Remodeling complete a renovation of our master bathroom. Having worked with many contractors updating our town home, I can honestly say they were the best to work with! From the constant communication, to meeting the schedule and budget… We were very pleased. The bathroom...
View our completed projects below to see how our design experience and expertise can transform your own home. We look forward to making your dream home a reality!