At the end of World War II, Jay Rambo went to work as a set builder for a movie studio in Hollywood, CA. He subsequently moved his family from Hollywood to Tulsa, OK. In 1953, Mr. Rambo purchased a 4,000 sq. foot building and 3 ½ acres of land on what was then the outskirts of Tulsa. Over the next 35 years, Jay Rambo Co. grew from 3 employees to 28 and from 4,000 sq. feet to 28,000 sq. feet. The products built during that period of time were for the local, new home market, were unfinished and constructed primarily of ash.